Recovering compensation after being injured in a truck accident is significantly more complicated than with claims associated with other types of motor vehicle accidents. Damage is typically more extensive and injuries are typically more severe, increasing the insurance limits associated with these claims. But most importantly, truck accident claims are particularly complex due to the many different parties which may be held liable for your damages.
Depending on the circumstances of your truck accident, one or more of the following parties may be held liable for your damages:
- Truck driver – Negligent actions such as speeding, distracted driving, failing to properly inspect the truck, exceeding federally mandated hours of operation limits, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can cause the truck driver to be held liable for your accident.
- Trucking company – There are many reasons the trucking company may be liable for your damages, including poor truck maintenance, negligent hiring practices, inadequate training of drivers, and pressuring drivers to speed or exceed federally mandated hours of operation limits.
- Truck manufacturer – If your truck accident was caused by a design or manufacturing defect, the truck’s manufacturer may be held liable for your damages.
- Loading company – Third-party loading companies can be held liable if they do not properly load the truck and their actions result in an accident.
- Third-party maintenance company – Third-party maintenance companies can be held liable if they provide subpar or negligent maintenance services that cause a truck accident.
- Third-party driver – If the truck accident was caused by another driver on the road, that driver may be held liable for your damages.
Due to the fact that so many parties may potentially be held liable for your damages, it is crucial that you work with an experienced truck accident lawyer. Marc Albert has been fighting for the rights of truck accident victims in the New York City metropolitan area for more than 15 years. He works with a team of accident reconstruction experts who will carefully analyze the details of your case to ensure that all negligent parties are held accountable for your damages.
By including all liable parties in the lawsuit, Mr. Albert can help you maximize the value of your compensation.
Please contact the Law Offices of Marc S Albert today to schedule your free initial consultation. Mr. Albert serves clients throughout the New York City metropolitan area from his offices in Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island.